VISION of the Department
Empowerment of Differently Abled Students with state-of-the-art skill oriented training in Electronics and Communication to face the society with confidence for better living.
MISSION of the Department
- Our mission is to impart quality technical education to Differently Abled students with accessible learning environment through competitive curriculum in the field of Electronics and Communication.
- To encourage and support the students to work individually and in teams in the real-world projects.
- To bridge the gap between industry and the institution with additional skills beyond the syllabus for better placement and to encourage self employment.
- To inculcate moral values and leadership abilities in the minds of students for contributing towards the growth of the society.
Electronics and Communication is a hardcore engineering field, which requires skilled technicians to meet the ever-growing demand. This program aims to provide necessary skills in the area of electronics and communication engineering using latest equipments. The program covers core skills like mathematics, English, communication, basic science. Focus is mainly on Basic Electronics, Digital Electronics, Digital Communication, Microcontroller & its Applications, Data Communication & computer Networks, ARM Controller, Industrial Automation, PCB Design, Electronics servicing, Medical Electronics and Programming Language-C. The department has enthusiastic, motivated staff members with sufficient qualification to handle the differently abled in this area with the state-of-art infrastructure.
A Diploma (Electronics and Communication Engineering) student is able to:
- Basic Knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science and engineering principles to solve broadly defined electronics and communication engineering problems.
- Discipline Knowledge: Identify, formulate, and solve broadly defined basic electrical, electronics and communication engineering-related problems by applying basic principles.
- Experiments and practice: Plan, perform and practice wide-range of electronics and communication engineering problems and to use the results to solve problems.
- Engineering tools: Ability to identify and select modern tools such as simulators, synthesizers, emulators, virtual labs etc. to analyze and validate the solutions.
- The engineer and society: Demonstrate the knowledge by practice in Electronics & communication engineering with due concern to society with respect to health, safety, legal and cultural issues.
- Environment and sustainability: Develop standards, specifications, cost effective products and operations in accordance with the law/standards and with a greater emphasis on environmental issues and sustainability.
- Ethics: Inculcate and practice ethical responsibilities and norms of engineering practice.
- Individual and team work: Involve in teams to apply and proliferate the skills acquired among the team members to achieve the goals. 9. Ability to lead project team by incorporating appropriate economic and business models for the success of the project tasks.
- Communications: ability to communicate effectively with written, oral, and visual means in a technical environment.
- Life-long learning: Inspire self-improvement through continuous updating and stay afloat in the ever changing world of technology.
PROGRAM EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES (PEOS)
- To prepare students for competent career in industry to meet the needs of Indian and Global companies or to become entrepreneur in the field of Electronics and Communication Engineering.
- To provide opportunity for students to work in individual capacity and in teams under multidisciplinary domains.
- To enable students for life-long learning for sustainable development and introduce them to practice professional ethics.
- Identify and encourage application of mind, innovation and in querying.
Eligibility: Candidates who have passed SSLC (Karnataka) or its equivalent and minimum disability must be 40% in the case of Orthopedically Handicapped, 60 db for Hearing Impaired and 6/60 or 20/200 Snellen for Visually Impaired (partial) are eligible for admission.
Course Outcome: The candidates who have completed this course can get placements in private / government organizations, industrial establishments, educational institution as Junior Engineers, Technical assistants, Testing Engineers, Instructors, Lab Assistants and Hardware & Networking Technicians. Students can also opt for higher education in B.E (E&C), B.Sc and Short Term Training Programmes on various topics concerning Electronics and communication. The diploma holders are successfully placed in leading industries, private / government establishments and also became successful Entrepreneurs