Empowerment of Differently Abled Students in the area of Electronics and Communication Engineering and educate them to suit the requirements of the Industry and Society for better living.
To Strengthen the Electronics and Communication diploma students on foundation skills in English Language, Mathematics and Sign Language.
To provide state-of-the-art facilities to enhance the skills of Differently Abled students in the field of Electronics and Communication Engineering based on competitive Curriculum.
To Inculcate Ethical values, interpersonal skills and leadership qualities for successful Professional career.
To Bridge the gap between industry and the institution with additional skills beyond the syllabus for better placement and to encourage self employment.
About the department
Electronics and Communication Engineering program was started in the year 2002-03.The focus of the department is to produce technicians with strong fundamentals in Electronics and communication domain. The department offers 3 years (6 semesters) diploma course.
The department has got experienced faculty & well equipped laboratories. The program has organized many guest lectures and workshops to exchange and disseminate the knowledge in the field of electronics & communication. The Department has adequate class rooms facilitated with Multimedia Projectors & four well equipped laboratories with UPS support.
In order to meet the needs of the industry and improve the quality of the education, the syllabus is regularly revised and Outcome Based Education Curriculum has been implemented from the year 2015-16. The curriculum includes subjects like Analog & Digital Electronic Circuits, Industrial Automation, Microcontroller and ARM, Communication, VHDL.
Major Equipments and Software Tolls available in various Laboratories: 8051 Micro controller kits with interfaces, CRO, CPLD / FPGA, ARM, Industrial Automation, Communication & Fiber optics Kits, Signal Generators, LCR Meter, Software Tools such as Xilinx, Electronic Work Bench, Keil. Computers with Internet facility & UPS backup.
Lateral entry facility to III Semester Engineering courses (ECE, TC, IT, Engg., B.Sc) is available after completion of Diploma in Electronics & Communication. Secure employment in Government & Non-Government Organizations. Secure jobs in educational institutions as Laboratory instructors and also in different IT industry. Many of our alumni are placed in various companies like Wipro, IBM, HCL, Tech Mahindra across the globe.
- 1. Basic and discipline specific knowledge: Apply knowledge of basic mathematics, science and engineering fundamentals and engineering specialization to solve the engineering problems.
- 2. Problem analysis: Identify and analyze well-defined problems using codified standard methods.
- 3. Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for well-defined technical problems and assist with the design of systems components or processes to meet specified needs.
- 4. Engineering tools, experimentation and testing: Apply modern engineering tools and appropriate technology technique to conduct standard tests and measurements.
- 5. Engineering practices for society, sustainability and environment: Apply appropriate technology in context of society, sustainability, environment and ethical practices.
- 6. Project management: Use engineering management principles individually as a team member or a leader to manage projects and effectively communicate about well-defined engineering activities.
- 7. Life-long learning: Ability to analyze individual needs and engage in updating in the context of technological changes.
PROGRAM EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES (PEOS)
- To prepare students for competent career in industry to meet the needs of Companies or to become entrepreneur in the field of Electronics and Communication Engineering.
- To enable students for life-long learning for sustainable development and introduce them to practice professional ethics.
- To identify and encourage application of knowledge, innovation and in querying.
- To provide opportunity for students to work in individual capacity and in teams under multidisciplinary domains.
Eligibility: Candidates who have passed SSLC (Karnataka) or its equivalent and minimum disability must be 40% in the case of Orthopedically Handicapped, 60 db for Hearing Impaired and 6/60 or 20/200 Snellen for Visually Impaired (partial) are eligible for admission.
Course Outcome: The candidates who have completed this course can get placements in private / government organizations, industrial establishments, educational institution as Junior Engineers, Technical assistants, Testing Engineers, Instructors, Lab Assistants and Hardware & Networking Technicians. Students can also opt for higher education in B.E (E&C), B.Sc and Short Term Training Programmes on various topics concerning Electronics and communication. The diploma holders are successfully placed in leading industries, private / government establishments and also became successful Entrepreneurs