The Department of Computer Science and Engineering was started in the year 1991. Presently the intake of the department is 60 with a majority of hearing impaired students with Orthopedically handicapped students.
The Department offers state of art facilities with excellent infrastructure which comprises of well Equipped Laboratories, Smart Class rooms, Wi-Fi facility etc. accessible for differently abled. The Department is strengthened by well qualified faculty members whose main aim is to make students aware of the cutting edge technology with competence, commitment & team work. The teaching is reinforced through sign language/total communication and visual media presentations in the classrooms/labs.
Eligibility: Candidates who have passed SSLC (Karnataka) or its equivalent and minimum disability must be 40% in the case of Orthopedically Handicapped, 60 db for Hearing Impaired and 6/60 or 20/200 Snellen for Visually Impaired (partial) are eligible for admission.
Three Computer labs have been setup with one to one facility comprising of latest computers (Dell Systems with Core i5 4 GB RAM 1 TB HDD, HCL Systems with Dual Core 2 GB RAM 500 GB HDD), Multimedia Projectors and Laptops in each Lab. All the computer Labs are provided with Internet Facility and WIFI.
Software: Campus is covered under Microsoft Licence Agreement.
System Software : Windows 7, Windows 8, Fedora 14, Ubuntu
Application Software: MS Office 2007, C, C++, Oracle 10g, Java, Visual Studio, Dot Net.
· Electronics Lab: Power supplies of different ranges, Function Generators, Pulse Generators, LCR meter, Frequency meter, IC tester, CROs Etc…
· Digital Lab: IC trainer boards, Interface kits, digital multi-meters, IC testers, Microprocessor trainer kits Etc...
· PC Hardware Lab: Computers and Networking Tools (Crimping Tool, LAN Tester, Switch/Hub, Router, I/O Box, etc.,)
Course Contents: the department is regularly revising the syllabus since 1999 – 2000 to suit the needs of the industries demand. The present curriculum (course code: 32) is revised in the year 2010. The subjects covered are:
1. Engineering Mathematics – I.
2. Engineering Physics.
3. Concepts of Electrical & Electronics Engineering.
4. Introduction to Computer Concepts.
5. Basic Computer Skills Lab – I.
6. Basic Electronics Lab.
7. Engineering Physics Lab.
1. English Communication
2. Engineering Mathematics-II
3. Digital Electronics
4. 'C' Programming
5. Basic Computer Skills Lab - II
6. 'C’ Programming Lab
7. Digital Lab
1. Data Structures using C.
2. Computer Networks.
3. Computer Organization.
4. Data Structures Lab.
5. PC Hardware and Networking Lab.
6. Graphical User Interface Lab.
7. Multimedia Lab.
1. Object Oriented Programming with C++.
2. Database Management systems.
3. Operating system.
4. Software Engineering.
5. Object Oriented Programming with C++ Lab.
6. Data Base Management System Lab.
7. Linux Lab.
1. Basic Management Skills and Indian Constitution.
2. Programming with Java
3. Web Programming
4. Programming with Java Lab
5. Web Programming Lab
7. Project Work-I
1. Software Testing
2. Network security and Management
3. Elective: Mobile Computing
5. Software Testing Lab
6. Network security Lab
7. Project Work-II
Course Outcome: Successful candidates will usually get placement as Software Engineers, Programmers, Computer Operators, System Administrators, Hardware & Networking Technicians, Technical staff in BPOs/KPOs, Academic assistants in educational institutions, Freelance service technicians and Individual Entrepreneurs. The students can also opt for higher education like Bachelor of Engineering (CS / IS), B.Tech, BCA, B.Sc (IT) and customized state-of-art IT courses offered by private / government agencies. More than 70% of the successfully completed students have secured placement through campus interviews, off-campus selection and job fairs by leading IT industries in the state.
Some of the successful alumini are: