The Industry Institute Partnership Cell (IIPC) has been set up with financial assistance of the All Indian Council for Technical Education (AICTE), New Delhi during 2009. The cell aims to reduce the gap between Industry expectations (practice) and academic offerings (theory) by direct involvement of Industry to attain a symbiosis, a strengthen the linkages with the industry in and around Mysore towards Imparting technical knowledge to the students through the eminent personalities, academics, leading industrialists on current issues and disability issues. The duration of the IIP Cell was three years from 01-06-2009 to 31-03-2012 and successfully organized various activities related to academic offerings (Theory and Practical).
After completion of the Scheme JSS Mahavidyapeetha, Mysore is continuing IIP Cell activities by providing necessary Financial Assistance i.e., from 01-04-2012.
The main activities of this cell are as follows:
- Liaison with Industry for curriculum designing for new programs and curriculum modification for existing courses.
- To arrange visits to industry / factories / educational institutions for the faculty and students of our institution.
- To educate the differently abled students and staff of our institution about the basic skills of computer applications, sign language, Braille literature by organization Orientation programme on disability issues.
- Guest Lecturers from eminent personalities, academics, leading industrialists at regular intervals to update the knowledge of the students.
- Personality development workshops for students relating with soft skills / technical skills / communication skills / Personality development.
- To encourage students to consider self – employment as a career option and provide training in Entrepreneurship Awareness Programme, Entrepreneurship Development Programme, Career Guidance Programme.
To Impart the basic English / Mathematics knowledge to our students by organizing Bridge course on Basic English and Basic Mathematics for freshers assisted by a dedicated team of staff members, the centre has envisaged an action plan to achieve these objectives.