Department Commercial Practice's activities
The objective of this department is to provide systematic and effective training to the Differently Abled in the areas like Stenography, Private / Personal Secretaryship, MS Office, Office Assistantship, Office Management, Accounts, Income Tax Law, Cost Accounting, Communication and Soft Skills etc.
The department is equipped with dedicated faculty and supporting staff, smart class rooms with Multimedia Projectors, Computer Laboratory to run the activities of the department effectively.
The Commercial Practice Diploma Holders can be employed as Stenographers, Private / Personal Secretaries, Office Assistants, Computer Operators, Lab Instructors etc. They can also opt for higher education by joining Second Year B.Com or BBM Degree Courses under Lateral Entry System.
The Orthopaedically Handicapped, Hearing Impaired and Partially Visually Impaired students are eligible for admission to this course. The intake for this course is 30 students.
The main activities of the department are as follows:
- Conducting of Three years regular Diploma in Commercial Practice Program.
- Arranging Short Term Training Programmes for teaching staff to upgrade their Knowledge.
- Organizing visits of students to various offices and organisations.
- Arranging Guest Lectures by Experts from Industries and other organisations for of Students and Staff.
- Arranging Personality Development Workshops for Students.
- Organizing English Workshop as Bridge Course for Freshers.
- Organizing Career Guidance Programme for Final Year Students.
- Organizing Training Program on Aptitude for Students.
- Arranging Counselling for Students by Psychologists.